New Blue Crew

Hello Judson Eagles,

I am so blessed to be addressing you for the first time as your new Athletic Director!  Words cannot express how excited I am to return to the University that shaped my adult life in a powerful way.  My hope and prayer is that in my new role, with God’s grace, and some good old-fashioned hard work, I will be able to play a role in shaping the lives of others in a similar way.  

Beyond a brief introduction, I am also writing you with some exciting news about a minor change in the way our Blue Crew program is going to work this year.  I hope you will all see the changes as positive and join me in excitement to try a slightly different approach.  Our goal is the same, maximum engagement and support for the efforts of our fellow Judson Eagles!  Our approach is slightly different and detailed below:

• Blue Crew Sign-up – Instead of every student automatically receiving a Blue Crew shirt your freshman year, students must sign up to agree to be a part of the Blue Crew.  If you love to support your fellow Judson Eagles and you are committed to showing up as often as possible with energy and enthusiasm then you are in and will receive your official, complimentary Blue Crew Shirt.  It’s that simple!  
  • New Shirts Every Year – Instead of 1 shirt per 4 years- our new system supports a brand-new shirt every year you attend Judson University.  As long as you sign up and commit to bringing the noise!  
  • More than Athletics – Instead of being a program designed just to support athletics, the new Blue Crew is designed to bring support campus-wide!  Singers, actors, artists, and other passionate members of our community want and deserve our support every bit as much as our athletes do.  If you are performing your passion, Blue Crew members will be there to support it.  
  • Homecoming Kickoff  What better day to hand out shirts and roll out a new program than Homecoming!  Be on the lookout for more details as we head toward that awesome weekend!

As mentioned before, I hope most of us are on board for the changes in the program.  If you have any feedback on these new changes, we want to hear from you.  Feel free to email or stop by my office.   After all, this is a program for you!  

Rick Williams, Athletic Director

Scroll to Top