Believe it or not, it is time to start thinking about housing for the 2021-2022 school year! Below is all the information you need to know to start planning! Once you have registered for classes for the Fall 2021 semester, you can access the housing application.
Judson will hold in-person housing lottery the week of April 12 in the Reed Room at Lindner Tower.
April 12, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. – Students who will be Seniors for the 2021-22 school year
April 13, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. – Student who will be Juniors for the 2021-22 school year
April 14, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. – Students who will be Sophomores for the 2021-22 school year
April 21, 7:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. – Anyone who hasn’t come yet
When you come to the housing lottery, you will be given a number, which is the order in which you will be able to pick your housing assignment.
To participate in the housing lottery, you must:
– Be registered for classes for the Fall 2021 semester
– Your roommates who you want to live with next year must also be registered for classes for the Fall 2021 semester
– Judson will be operating at full capacity for next year so the people per room will return to normal and you will need to have the correct number of people for the room you are wanting. Those groupings are:
Ohio – 2 people
Wilson – 2 people, unless you are wanting first floor
Wilson – first floor only, 3 people
Lindner – 3 people
Volkman – 4 people for the 4 person rooms, 5 people for the 5 person rooms, 6 people for the 6-person rooms.
– If you have someone who signs up for a room and then backs out of the spot before moving in, you may be subject to losing that housing spot, or you can buy out the extra bed.
– Please come with your top 3 choices (Lindner will be seniors, juniors, sophomores, and transfers; Ohio will be freshmen and sophomore females; and Volkman will be seniors, juniors, and some sophomores).
– If you are a sophomore applying for Volkman Hall, you need to have a minimum of 3 credits, be in good academic standing, and have a clean discipline record. Wilson will be primarily freshmen males, but we will be opening a number of spots for sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
If your housing choice does not meet the requirements listed above, you will lose your spot in the lottery and need to come back when you have found a solution that does meet all the requirements.
If you are applying to live off-campus you will need to meet one of the following requirements:
– You live with a parent within a 45-minute radius of Judson University
– You are 23 years of age or older
-You are married
-You are not attending Judson full time
-You are living with a Judson Staff or Faculty member within a 45-minute radius of Judson. Only one student per address
If you do not meet any of these requirements, your application will be denied, and you will need to fill out an appeal.
The Dean of Student Life and Leadership and the Housing Director will review all appeals on May 7, May 28, and July 23. If you submit your off-campus application after August 1, it will be considered an appeal. Anyone who submits their housing application before Tuesday, April 20, will have their name entered to win $50 eagle bucks for the 2021-22 school year.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Housing Director McKenna Haas at email@example.com.