Erica Hayworth Named New Head Softball Coach

The Judson University Athletic Department is excited to announce the hiring of Erica Hayworth as the Head Coach of the Judson University Softball Program.

“I am excited to welcome Erica as our Head Softball Coach,” said Athletic Director Joel Popenfoose. “She will bring strong leadership to our program and a focus on building a championship culture. Erica has a heart for students and is committed to their overall development.  I believe she will be a great addition to the Judson community.”

Erica comes to Judson with a wealth of softball coaching experience. For the 2020 season, Erica was an Assistant Coach for her alma mater, Concordia University-Ann Arbor where the Cardinals finished their shortened season with a 7-3 record.

Prior to coaching at Concordia, Erica was the Head Softball Coach at Royal Oak High School in Royal Oak, Mich., for three seasons. During that time, she also served as the Assistant Athletic Director. From 2013-2016, she was on the softball and basketball coaching staffs at Livonia Churchill High School in Livonia, Mich., while also teaching elementary school in the West Bloomfield School district.

“I want to thank [President] Dr. Crume, [Vice President] Dr. Fennern, and [Athletic Director] Joel Popenfoose for giving me the opportunity to come to Judson for this position. Also, I want to thank Coach Cavanaugh at Concordia for her great mentorship. I thank God for this opportunity, and leading me on this path,” said Erica. “I am super excited and beyond blessed for the opportunity. Judson has had success on the softball field, and I look forward to mentoring these young women and building a team of great faith and character.”

Erica played in 149 games during her time with Concordia during the 2009-2012 seasons. From her sophomore to senior seasons, Erica started all but three games for the Cardinals. In the 2011 season, she had an impressive .932 fielding percentage at second base. 

She graduated from Concordia-Ann Arbor in 2012 with her Bachelor’s of Arts in Elementary Education, where she played basketball in addition to softball. The Michigan native also received her Master’s of Sports Administration from Wayne State University in Detroit in 2017. 

Please welcome Erica to Judson as she begins her time at Judson on July 20. 

Scroll to Top